A handsome, comfortable leather boot suitable for more casual country walkers, with extra plus points for decent level of waterproof protection.
- Great looks
- No protective toe box
- Grip isn’t brilliant
Hey, good looking. Yes, Mountain Warehouse Pilgrim Womens Boots – we’re talking to you. While we’ve found many hardworking hiking boots to include in our list of budget-friendly women’s walking footwear, we haven’t tested many that also look smart. Not so the Mountain Warehouse’s Pilgrims.
- Trekking on a budget? Here are the best cheap hiking boots for women
- The best women's hiking boots for hitting the toughest trails
- Should I buy walking sandals? The benefits of a lightweight alternative
These handsome leather boots are buttery soft and impressively comfortable to wear. We love their rather retro looks, which are great worn with jeans and hiking trousers alike – this is a nice boot to pack for a walking holiday where you’ll be in and out of the countryside and need one boot to wear all day.
• RRP: £100 (UK) / $104 (US)
• Weight (per boot): 500g / 17.5oz
• Materials: Leather upper with an IsoDry waterproof and breathable membrane, EVA cushioning, TPR rubber outsole
• Colors: Brown
• Compatibility: Very versatile looks make this a nice boot to wear day-to-day as well as on casual hikes
On the trail
There is substance as well as style here – the Pilgrims are waterproof enough to tackle wet weather hikes (although not suitable for proper storms or for actually walking through water), and are also surprisingly breathable considering their leather construction. These middleweight boots weigh 500g each, which isn’t super lightweight but also isn’t heavy enough to weigh you down if you’re out pounding paths all day long.
On the less positive side, the Pilgrims don’t offer amazing grip – these boots are better for strolling along valley paths rather than tackling boggy mountain sides. And the other feature that’s lacking is a good toecap, so your feet won’t get much protection if you venture off the beaten path onto rocky and technical terrain.
The Pilgrims run large, so consider ordering a half-size down.
All the latest inspiration, tips and guides to help you plan your next Advnture!
Thank you for signing up to Advnture. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.