Despite their gender-blind fit, TOG24 Penyghent Unisex Waterproof boots fit female feet well, and offer good comfort, waterproofing and breathability in a smart-looking package.
- Great looks
- Unisex fit may not suit everyone
- Relatively heavy
There’s no need to approach the TOG24 Penyghent Unisex Waterproof boots with caution. We usually shy away from hiking boots that claim to be unisex, as most gender-specific boots are designed using either a male or a female last, which tends to make them fit far better. However, we were impressed with the good-looking, hard-working Penyghents, and on test we found that these boots fitted comfortably, and were true to size.
- Trekking on a budget? Here are the best cheap hiking boots for women
- The best women's hiking boots for hitting the toughest trails
- Trek in comfort by learning how to break in hiking boots
The recommended retail price for TOG24 Penyghent Unisex Waterproof boots is a little north of how far we’d set the bar to qualify as being a ‘budget’ boot, but we couldn’t resist including them in our list of the best budget boots for women because you get a great package for your money here: smart classic looks, a waterproof membrane that stands up to rain and thick, springy soles that offer good comfort. Plus, if you look around you will find them for much cheaper.
• RRP: £120 (UK) / $150 (US)
• Weight (per boot): 500g / 17.6oz
• Materials: Suede-and-mesh upper with waterproof membrane and DWR, EVA heel cup, rubber outsole
• Colors: Charcoal and Light Grey / Taupe
• Compatibility: A great all-rounder for the great outdoors – and smart enough to wear in the city
On the trail
Although very comfortable, those rubber soles do feel rather soft, and may not last for decades of walking – but then again, these aren’t expensive boots, and you get what you pay for. The mix of suede leather and mesh panels on the boot’s upper is a nice compromise between leather and fabric, keeping the boots lightweight but warm and durable.
On test, we also liked the cushioned insoles, which feel pleasingly springy and breathable underfoot – further contributing to the comfort factor. We also found the TOG24 Penyghent Unisex Waterproof boots reasonably breathable in general when on test in hot weather, unlike many other boots that use leather in their constructions.
All the latest inspiration, tips and guides to help you plan your next Advnture!
Thank you for signing up to Advnture. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.