If you want a trainer-hiking boot hybrid that feels light as a feather and looks smart in the city but can still handle relaxed walks, think Less Is More – and pick the LIM.
- Incredibly light and comfortable
- Highly breathable
- Waterproof enough to withstand showers
- Not as much support as a more traditional boot
- Only really suitable for warm weather
You’ll barely feel these fantastically lightweight boots on your feet – at just 310g per boot, the Haglofs LIMs (which fittingly stands for Less is More) are a world away from clunky traditional walking boots.
Despite that barely-there feel, these boots are still waterproof enough to withstand a sudden rain shower, but where they really excel is on warm, dry, summer days, especially if you’re planning on covering long distances – the soles are grippy enough to be reliable on established hill and country routes, and thick enough so that you won’t feel the ground under your feet.
That said, these lighter numbers wouldn’t offer you enough support on scrambles or off the beaten path. The lightweight and flexibility of the LIMs make them easy to pack for international travels or casual backpacking jaunts.
- The best hiking boots to buy right now
- The best women's walking boots recommended
- Revealed! How to break in hiking boots painlessly
• RRP: €150 (EU) / £130 (UK)
• Weight (per boot): 310g /11oz
• Materials: Polyester mesh upper with no-sew overlay; Proof Eco, fluorocarbon free and bluesign-approved membrane; wet-grip rubber sole
• Colours: True black/Sage green and deep woods/Hibiscus
• Compatibility: Ideal for exploring on your travels or for summer walks – not warm or sturdy enough for tougher mountain trails
In the field
We tested the LIMs over a summer of hiking, and found that they excelled on long days of walking on well-defined country lanes or coastal paths, never weighing you down like many other, clunkier boots are wont to do.
If, however, you venture onto rocky ground, these boots don’t feel like they offer enough support underfoot, and you might end up rolling an ankle if you took them too far from the trail. The light weight LIMs are a good travelling boot for holiday walking – we took them on summer camping trips where we often swapped them in and out of a backpack for sandals, and their barely-there weight is a real blessing when you need to carry your boots.
Note that there’s scant insulation, so these are a summer-only pick. If you already own a workhorse leather boot and want something freeing and light for the summer, these are a great pick. We’re not sure about the salmon pink colourway, but the tan and black versions are very smart-looking, and are versatile and comfortable enough to wear in the city with jeans as well as the countryside.
All the latest inspiration, tips and guides to help you plan your next Advnture!
Thank you for signing up to Advnture. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.