You're in the right place to find all the best Black Friday hiking deals on boots, waterproof jackets, socks, fleece jackets, and everything else. Whether you want to upgrade your existing gear or pick up something new, we'll be sifting through all the Black Friday sales to find the biggest savings on top quality clothing and equipment.
Black Friday 2023 will take place on November 24, but we're not expecting any of the big retailers to wait until the day itself to start cutting prices, and we'll be collecting the best offers as soon as they arrive. Most stores are likely to keep their sales running right through Cyber Monday, and some even longer.
Some stores (such as Patagonia and REI) choose to forego Black Friday, instead encouraging outdoor enthusiasts to spend the day getting some fresh air on the trails. We'll keep you updated with what they're doing instead, and any alternative sales events they're running instead.
Can't wait until November? Scroll down for today's best offers on a range of top-rated hiking gear from around the web.
- Amazon: daily deals on sports and outdoor gear, with new deals added every morning
- Backcountry: up to 60% off hiking apparel, footwear, and backpacks
- Columbia: up to 50% off selected hiking gear, including boots and jackets
- Under Armour: save up to 30% off apparel including puffer jackets and fleeces
- Wiggle: up to 50% off outdoor gear. including hiking boots and shoes
- Amazon: deals on sports and fitness gear, including apparel and GPS watches
- Blacks: savings on hiking gear from brands including RAB, Montane, and Merrell
- Cotswold Outdoor: half price fleeces, jackets, boots and hiking trousers
- Millets: hiking boots, jackets, base layers, and more with up to 61% off
- SportsShoes.com: hiking boots, waterproof jackets, and more with huge discounts
- Wiggle: up to 50% off outdoor gear for running, camping, and more
Today's best hiking deals
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is a global sales event, when retailers around the world cut the prices of a wide array of goods. It takes place on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
When is Black Friday 2023?
Black Friday 2023 takes place on Friday 24 November, which is the day after Thanksgiving. However, many stores start their sales in advance, so you don't have to wait until the day itself to grab a great deal on hiking gear.
When is Cyber Monday 2023?
Cyber Monday takes place on 27 November 2023, which is the Monday after Black Friday.
What to look for
To help you decide what hiking gear to buy on Black Friday, Advnture has put together a list of buying guides dedicated to hiking equipment. These buying guides are written by outdoor experts, so you can rest assured that their recommendations are reliable. By taking kit into the field and putting it through its paces, they've thoroughly identified which product is worth your hard-earned cash.
Remember, these buying guides are constantly updated with the best offers available online right now. Be sure to check them out and bookmark them for brilliant Black Friday hiking deals.
- Best hiking boots: the best boots for all-terrain walking
- Best hiking shoes: a lighter alternative to boots
- Best men's hiking boots: the best hiking boots for men
- Best women's walking boots: the best walking boots for women
- Best gaiters: for rugged leg protection
- Best hiking backpacks: carry your gear with these excellent backpacks
- Best trekking poles: make trekking easier with these poles
- Best hydration packs: stay hydrated on your adventures with these packs
- Best waterproof jackets: the best coats to stay dry outdoors
- Best softshell jackets: to protect you from wind and cold on the crag
- Best fleeces: cosy mid layers for winter weather
- Best hiking pants: for comfort and protection in all conditions
- Best women's hiking tops: stay comfortable on the trail
- Best hiking socks: avoid boot rub and cold feet on the trail
- Best hiking water bottle: for thirsty walks
- Best hiking gloves: for warmth and precision in cold weather
- Best headlamps: find your way with the best headlamps
- Best compass: for navigation on the trail
- Best insect repellent: keep pests at bay with the best insect repellent
All the latest inspiration, tips and guides to help you plan your next Advnture!
Cat is the editor of Advnture, She’s been a journalist for 13 years, and was fitness and wellbeing editor on TechRadar before joining the Advnture team in 2022. She’s a UK Athletics qualified run leader, and in her spare time enjoys nothing more than lacing up her shoes and hitting the roads and trails (the muddier, the better).