Black Friday is on the way and you're building or revitalizing your hiking kit, or looking for gear for winter hiking, we suggest you get in on some of the amazing Black Friday hiking deals this season. Advnture scours the web looking for the best deals on hiking gear like hiking boots, backpacks, rain jackets and more, and this page should be your first stop when it comes to bargain hunting.
Black Friday in 2021 will be on November 26, but most offers will run until the following Cyber Monday, and we're making it a priority to keep you up to date with the latest and greatest deals. Read on to learn all about Black Friday, the best deal and start saving.
When is Black Friday?
In 2021 Black Friday will take place on November 26, and Cyber Monday will follow on November 29. As consumers have come to expect, many retailers will be offering substantial deals on hiking gear that you won't find at any other time of year. The best items to shop for on Black Friday are so-called "big ticket" items like good quality hiking boots and backpacks where you're likely to see the biggest savings.
When do Black Friday hiking deals begin?
Though it used to just take place over a single day, Black Friday hiking deals now almost always last at least through the following Cyber Monday, and some retailers have stretched it out into a month-long offer. This means that hiking deals can crop up around the start of November or even the end of October.
How long do Black Friday hiking deals last?
It depends, really. Just as pinning down a start date is tricky, the end point is just as ambiguous. Discounts on hiking gear will be available until the end of Cyber Monday, but some products will only be reduced for a limited time in the form of flash sales. The best advice we have is figure out exactly what you're looking for and keep checking this page regularly for the best deals.
What products are discounted in Black Friday hiking deals?
You can expect discounts on almost every type of hiking equipment on Black Friday. Our previous experience of sourcing deals for Amazon Prime Day revealed that a range of items come crashing down in price, such as hiking boots, backpacks, water bottles, compasses, trekking poles and more.
The whole Black Friday and Cyber Monday weekend will be awash with deals, so where you're only looking for one specific product like a new backpack, or just browsing, there's bound to be something that will catch your eye. We'll be updating this page with the best offers over the course of the event, so make sure you bookmark this page and check back regularly to grab the juiciest discounts.
Black Friday hiking deals
We'll be scouring the web for the best deals and updating this section as they come in. In the meantime, check out the best deals on hiking equipment below...
Olympus 118755 8 x 40 DPSI Binocular
Save £43.98, save 52%
Take in the sights on your next hiking adventure with these Olympus binoculars. Complete with UV protection and a wide-angle field of view, the DPSI series lets you discover the expansive nature around you with ease.View Deal
BERGHAUS Men’s Maitland GORE-TEX jacket
Price £133, save 30%
Face the outdoors whatever the weather with this 2-layer GORE-TEX jacket. Complete with a high neck, hood and inner fleece, this Blacks exclusive jacket promises to be a brilliantly breathable waterproof.View Deal
Men’s Accentor Sport Mid GORE-TEX Walking Boots
Price £98, save 30%
These fully waterproof and breathable shoes are the perfect footwear for tackling the outdoors. With excellent underfoot traction, this slip resistant shoe is proving to be a best seller this Black Friday for a reason.View Deal
Blencathra Walking Pole
Price £24.99, save 50%
With their lightweight build, these Blencathra walking poles are ideal for long walks. Complete with an adjustable wrist strap, this foldable pole even has a reinforced tip for extra durability.View Deal
Compact Walking Pole
Price £14.99, save 50%
Suitable for a variety of outdoor environments, this compact walking pole is ergonomically designed to provide style and stability while your on the trails.View Deal
MOUNTAINTOP Hiking Backpack 40L: save 55%
Amazon has kicked off its discounts on hiking gear with this deal on a Mountaintop backpack. Perfect for weekend excursions, this waterproof backpack is large enough to contain essentials such as toiletries.View Deal
WHITIN men's insulated hiking boots: save 42%
A comfortable, stylish boot with slip resistant outsoles and a durable welt construction. Not a fan of the lining? This can be removed to accommodate thicker hiking socks. Grab them for just £28.79 before 29 November.View Deal
Black Friday hiking deals from around the web:
With so many sites offering discounts on hiking equipment, it can be difficult to know where to look. To help you out, we've compiled a list of the most popular and reputable sites so you can find the best Black Friday hiking deals and buy equipment with confidence.
Amazon: We'll get the obvious one out of the way first, but there's no denying that Amazon is a leading player when it comes to cheap hiking gear.
Want to look further afield? You're in luck. There are plenty of online retailers who specialise in hiking equipment. And we've rounded up a list of the biggest names you'll want to check out for a good deal.
- Kittery Trading Post: Boasting the finest outdoor equipment from quality brands, Kittery Trading Post ships to both US and Canada.
- Bob Wards: A sporting goods retailer with a proud history, Bob Wards offers everything from hiking gear to angling equipment.
- Cabelas: Popular outdoor retailer with 169 stores across US and Canada. Find discounts in its Bargain Cave.
- Scheels: With an emphasis on hunting gear, Scheels also offers a range of outdoor gear to cover all your hiking needs.
- Academy: Offering free shipping on orders over $25, Academy is a wallet-friendly way to pick up all your sporting and outdoor gear.
- EMS: Eastern Mountain Sports is already offering huge Black Friday deals on a range of products.
- REI: REI is also already offering big deals on outdoor equipment - head over now to see what's on offer.
- Cabela's Backcountry: With fall savings of up to 50% already on offer, Cabela will be one to watch during the Black Friday festivities.
- Millets: The UK's leading retailer of outdoor clothing, footwear and equipment. A familiar name with a good reputation, well worth checking out.
- Blacks: Leading British retailer currently offering huge clearance discounts with up to 60% off certain items.
- GO Outdoors: The UK's biggest outdoor retailer that promises to beat cheaper items found elsewhere by 10%.
- Mountain Warehouse: Specialising in everything from camping to skiing, Mountain Warehouse is a reliable retailer that delivers quality and value.
- Cotswold Outdoor: Nationwide UK retailer with 79 stores and e-commerce servies. Specialises in camping, climbing and active equipment.
- Ultimate Outdoors: As its name suggests, it specialises in outdoor equipment such as waterproof jackets, tents, trekking poles and climbing gear. DofE card holders get up to 20% off.
Advnture's expert hiking buying guides
To help you decide on what you want to purchase, Advnture has put together a list of buying guides dedicated to hiking equipment. These buying guides are written by outdoor experts, so you can rest assured that their recommendations are reliable. By taking kit into the field and putting it through its paces, they've thoroughly identified which product is worth your hard-earned cash.
Remember, these buying guides are constantly updated with the best offers available online right now. Be sure to check them out and bookmark them for brilliant Black Friday hiking deals.
- Best hiking boots: the best boots for all-terrain walking
- Best hiking shoes: a lighter alternative to boots
- Best men's hiking boots: the best hiking boots for men
- Best women's walking boots: the best walking boots for women
- Best gaiters: for rugged leg protection
- Best hiking backpacks: carry your gear with these excellent backpacks
- Best trekking poles: make trekking easier with these poles
- Best hydration packs: stay hydrated on your adventures with these packs
- Best waterproof jackets: the best coats to stay dry outdoors
- Best softshell jackets: to protect you from wind and cold on the crag
- Best fleeces: cosy mid layers for winter weather
- Best hiking pants: for comfort and protection in all conditions
- Best women's hiking tops: stay comfortable on the trail
- Best hiking socks: avoid boot rub and cold feet on the trail
- Best hiking water bottle: for thirsty walks
- Best hiking gloves: for warmth and precision in cold weather
- Best headlamps: find your way with the best headlamps
- Best compass: for navigation on the trail
- Best insect repellent: keep pests at bay with the best insect repellent
All the latest inspiration, tips and guides to help you plan your next Advnture!
Thank you for signing up to Advnture. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.