Cyber Monday and Black Friday are over for another year but the sales are continuing, with big savings on waterproof jackets, hiking boots and shoes, flasks, water bottles, sturdy pants, and much more besides. We're rounding up all the best Cyber Monday hiking deals still available now, though bear in mind that some of these might end soon, so if you see something you want it's best to grab it while you can.
Not everyone takes part, though. as in previous years, Patagonia has opted out of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, encouraging people to spend some quality time outdoors instead, but you can still save money with the Patagonia Web Specials sale. We'll let you know which companies are planning to forego this year's sales, and what they suggest doing instead.
- Amazon: daily deals on sports and outdoor gear, with new deals added every morning (opens in new tab)
- Backcountry: up to 60% off hiking apparel, footwear, and backpacks in the Bonus Sale (opens in new tab)
- Columbia: almost everything on sale, including boots and jackets, with offers ending Tuesday night (opens in new tab)
- Dick's Sporting Goods: get up to 50% off outdoor footwear and jackets for Cyber Monday (opens in new tab)
- Under Armour: save up to 50% off apparel including puffer jackets and fleeces (opens in new tab)
- Wiggle: up to 60% off footwear. including hiking boots and shoes (opens in new tab)
- Amazon: deals on sports and fitness gear, including apparel and GPS watches (opens in new tab)
- Blacks: savings on hiking gear from brands including RAB, Montane, and Merrell (opens in new tab)
- Cotswold Outdoor: half price fleeces, jackets, boots, hiking trousers, ends midnight Tuesday (opens in new tab)
- Go Outdoors: get 60% off men's and women's hiking clothing and equipment (opens in new tab)
- Millets: hiking boots, jackets, base layers, and more with up to 61% off (opens in new tab)
- SportsShoes.com: Cyber Monday deals on hiking boots, waterproof jackets, and more (opens in new tab)
- TrekInn: save an extra 15% off hiking gear with the code BF15 (opens in new tab)
- Very: big savings on sportswear for men, women and kids, including hiking boots (opens in new tab)
- Wiggle: up to 50% off an array of sports gear in the Cyber Monday sale (opens in new tab)
US hiking apparel deals
Up to 50% off hiking boots at Dick's Sporting Goods (opens in new tab)
There are huge savings on hiking boots and shoes from brands including Merrell, The North Face, Columbia, and Under Armour for Cyber Monday, with options for men, women, and kids.
The North Face Women's Arctic Parka:
$350 $209.99 at Dick's Sporting Goods (opens in new tab)
Save $140.01 The snug winter coat is an amazing Black Friday deal if you opt for Gardenia White or Vanadis Gray. Almost all sizes are still in stock at the time of writing, which is awesome for such a huge saving.
Rab Xenon 2.0 Jacket:
$194.99 $79.99 at SportsShoes.com (opens in new tab)
Save $115 This is a huge Cyber Monday saving on a quality winter down jacket filled with 100% recycled PrimaLoft Silver Eco Insulation. There's extra space underneath for a fleece and other layers too, so you won't be chilly at camp.
Mountain Hardwear Stretchdown Parka:
$339.99 $254.99 at Backcountry (opens in new tab)
Save $85 There's 25% off this snug down parka for Black Friday. It has a cinch hood to keep your head warm , and is made from Bluesign approved sustainable materials. Ideal for keeping you warm at the campsite.
The North Face Men's TKA Kataka Fleece Jacket:
$99.99 $32.97 at Dick's Sporting Goods (opens in new tab)
Save $66.03 This is a massive Black Friday saving on a cozy hiking fleece for the cooler months, with binding at the sleeve cuffs, and woven overlay on the backs of the sleeves for protection.
US hiking gear deals
Get up to 50% off backpacks at Backcountry
(opens in new tab)Backcountry has slashed the price of daypacks and running backpacks for Cyber Monday, including models from Patagonia, The North Face, Camelbak, and more. There are also backpacks up to 70L in capacity, all with steep discounts.
Hydro Flask Wide Mouth Bottle:
$44.95 $33.92 at Amazon (opens in new tab)
Save $11.03 Hydro Flask makes some of the best water bottles around, and this one is no exception, keeping drinks hot or cold for hours and hours. With 25% off for Cyber Monday, it's a great deal.
UK hiking footwear deals
Peter Storm Millbeck Walking Boot:
£115 £39 at Go Outdoors (opens in new tab)
Save £76 This Cyber Monday deal on a quality women's hiking boot will be tough to beat. The boot features a suede upper, waterproof lining, and deep lugs for traction on slippery terrain. A great choice for the wet and wintry months.
Scarpa Rush Trail GTX:
£154.95 £131.71 at Alpinetrek (opens in new tab)
Save £23.24 Our top-rated hiking shoe of 2022 has received a nice little price cut for Cyber Monday. Alpinetrek has beaten Amazon's price on this rugged shoe with excellent secure fit, great protection, and impressive durability.
Salomon OUTpulse Goretex Hiking Shoes:
£120.82 £100.99 at TrekINN (opens in new tab)
Save £19.83 Another of our favorite hiking shoes, the Salomon OUTpulse. Unlike the Scarpa Rush Trail GTX, it's built for speed rather than protection, so it's a great choice for fastpacking and reasonably well maintained routes,
UK hiking apparel deals
Montane Krypton Hooded Jacket:
£119.99 £54.99 at SportsShoes.com (opens in new tab)
Save £65 This is a huge saving on an excellent insulated jacket to keep you warm on chilly hikes during the shoulder months. It's not fully waterproof, but will shrug off light showers. With over 50% off, it's a Cyber Monday steal.
Rab Nucleus Hoody:
£65 £39 at Go Outdoors (opens in new tab)
Save £26 This is one of out favourite hoodies for hiking and evenings at camp, and this is a great deal for Go Outdoors members this Cyber Monday. If you're not already a member, go and sign up now (opens in new tab) - it's only £5 for a whole year.
What is Black Friday?
Black Friday is a global sales event, when retailers around the world cut the prices of a wide array of goods. It takes place on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
When is Black Friday 2022?
Black Friday 2022 takes place on Friday 25 November, which is the day after Thanksgiving. However, many stores start their sales in advance, so you don't have to wait until the day itself to grab a great deal on hiking gear.
When is Cyber Monday 2022?
Cyber Monday takes place on 28 November 2022, which is the Monday after Black Friday.
What to look for
To help you decide what hiking gear to buy on Black Friday, Advnture has put together a list of buying guides dedicated to hiking equipment. These buying guides are written by outdoor experts, so you can rest assured that their recommendations are reliable. By taking kit into the field and putting it through its paces, they've thoroughly identified which product is worth your hard-earned cash.
Remember, these buying guides are constantly updated with the best offers available online right now. Be sure to check them out and bookmark them for brilliant Black Friday hiking deals.
- Best hiking boots: (opens in new tab) the best boots for all-terrain walking
- Best hiking shoes: (opens in new tab) a lighter alternative to boots
- Best men's hiking boots: (opens in new tab) the best hiking boots for men
- Best women's walking boots: (opens in new tab) the best walking boots for women
- Best gaiters: (opens in new tab) for rugged leg protection
- Best hiking backpacks: (opens in new tab) carry your gear with these excellent backpacks
- Best trekking poles: (opens in new tab) make trekking easier with these poles
- Best hydration packs: (opens in new tab) stay hydrated on your adventures with these packs
- Best waterproof jackets: the best coats to stay dry outdoors
- Best softshell jackets: (opens in new tab) to protect you from wind and cold on the crag
- Best fleeces: (opens in new tab) cosy mid layers for winter weather
- Best hiking pants: for comfort and protection in all conditions
- Best women's hiking tops (opens in new tab): stay comfortable on the trail
- Best hiking socks: (opens in new tab) avoid boot rub and cold feet on the trail
- Best hiking water bottle: (opens in new tab) for thirsty walks
- Best hiking gloves: (opens in new tab) for warmth and precision in cold weather
- Best headlamps: (opens in new tab) find your way with the best headlamps
- Best compass: (opens in new tab) for navigation on the trail
- Best insect repellent: (opens in new tab) keep pests at bay with the best insect repellent
Cat is the editor of Advnture, She’s been a journalist for 13 years, and was fitness and wellbeing editor on TechRadar before joining the Advnture team in 2022. She’s a UK Athletics qualified run leader, and in her spare time enjoys nothing more than lacing up her shoes and hitting the roads and trails (the muddier, the better).
All the latest inspiration, tips and guides to help you plan your next Advnture!
Thank you for signing up to Advnture. You will receive a verification email shortly.
There was a problem. Please refresh the page and try again.